To bring B2B legal tech SaaS software to the next level, we are looking for an Engineering Manager (f/d/m) to provide technical leadership AND people management for a cross-functional product development team. This involves establishing a technical vision, ensuring the use of engineering best practices and thus the quality of the product as well as the sustainable work of the self-organizing team. You develop the skills of your team and lead the recruiting to grow your team constantly.
If you enjoy working in a modern and dynamic environment with an exceptional team of people who believe in and live a highly collaborative and open culture, this could be the right job for you. Note: Relocation
Note: This position is based at our Headquarters in Berlin.
What you would do in this position
- Act as an experienced software engineer: code, test, review, automate, deploy and get things done. You should expect to spend at least 30% of your time developing hands-on and leading by example.
- Motivate, inspire and lead the Engineering Team, and assure the sustainable productivity of its members.
- Set the technical vision for your team and maintain a high-quality bar for Software Engineering best practices on your team.
- Help team members break requirements into technical building blocks and a scoped implementation plan when necessary.
- Be a sparring partner for the Product Owner, participate in product discovery and planning as well as organize and lead team meetings together with the PO.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a fast-paced product development team in an agile environment - both on a technical leadership and people management level (at least 5 to 7 years experience) - for example as Tech Lead / Staff Engineer / Principal Engineer / Engineering Manager or Head of Engineering (m/f/d).
- Senior-level experience with Django and Vue.js as well as ability to ship production-ready code in one of those libraries/frameworks to solve complex problems while considering performance, security and maintainability including CI and DevOps mentality.
- A focus on impact. This includes having the desire to understand the business value your team’s work provides and the ability to explain it.
- You have excellent communication skills in English. German is a big plus! Within the team and across the organisation you can communicate transparently and effectively.
- You’re willing to relocate to Berlin.
What we offer
- Revolutionizing Legal Tech by making law more accessible to common folk and allowing lawyers to focus on what is really important.
- You will be part of an exceptional team of people who share the same values and cherish our modern and open firm culture.
- We commit to diversity and an inclusive environment, we value diverse personalities, skills and backgrounds.
- You will be working with a team of product and tech professionals as well as lawyers and legal experts.
- We offer flexible working hours, home office and remote work in combination with working from our office in Berlin Charlottenburg.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and 30 days (for full-time) of holiday entitlement from your first year of employment.
- Team events, free snacks and drinks.
In this position, you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and have a big impact through strong ownership from the first day on.
As we are a value-based organization, you should be aligned with our company values and not be afraid to speak up and take part in open as well as challenging discussions.